This Saturday it’s supposed to be 64 degrees. Definitely warm enough to sketch outdoors. It’s mid December and we’ve got the least amount of daylight, - but a warm day feels like a gift. The following day is much colder - so, we’re talking about SATURDAY, not Sunday, The forecast us also talking about rain, but the percentages keep changing
So our plan is to pick a place that will be great to sketch outdoors but has a nearby indoor refuge if we need it. We’re going to meet at the gate to Central Park at Columbus Circle. If the weather holds we’ll be outside sketching the bridges in the park. We have an interesting variety of bridges nearby and loads of park things to draw. However, if it’s raining at our designated start time (10 AM) we’ll meet in the lobby of the Time Warner Center which is on the opposite side of Columbus Circle from the gate.
We’re hoping for unseasonably warm weather, and no rain for this SATURDAY December 11th, 2021.
- We’ll be sketching in the southwest corner of Central Park if it’s not raining.
- Our backup, if it's raining will be to sketch the interior and the views from the Time Warner Center.
- No Rain: Meet by the Maine Monument at the Park entrance at the corner of West 59th Street and Central Park West.
- If it’s Raining: Meet inside the main entrance to the Time Warner Center
- See map below
When: Start time - 10 AM. Running late? Messed up by the subways? Come anyway - we'll be there.
How: Take the 1, 2, A, B or C to Columbus Circle. Or the N, Q, R or W train to 57th Street and walk two blocks north.
Lunch: 12:00 PM - Our plans will depend on the weather. There are indoor eating spots in the Time Warner building and lots of vendors if we're outdoors. Bring your own or take your pick from the many nearby choices.
Afternoon: 1:00 PM Back to sketching
Show and Tell: 3:00 PM - We’ll try to find a quiet place to meet to share our sketches and tell art stories.
- Bring a stool. It gives you options and creates art opportunities.
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark at 973-809-9128
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.