Weekday Sketchers at Museum of Art and Design for Queer Maximalism
Join us this week as we take a 180 degree turn from last week's experience sketching classical figures to this week's dive into the world of genre defying stagecraft and costumes by Matthew Flower, better known as Machine Dazzle.
The exhibits, which takes up two floors of the museum is the first solo show of the artist and showcases his extensive range of design, performance pieces and music created for the queer and drag queen cultural experience. Come along for a wild ride through a colorful extravaganza that we rarely get to see up close.
Too over the top for you? Then come along and settle into the second exhibit in the museum "Jewelry Stories". MAD has been an early advocate for jewelry design as an art form. This exhibit features 45 pieces from mid-century to the present and the stories that inspired the artists to create them.
DATE: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: MUSEUM OF ART AND DESIGN
2 COLUMBUS CIRCLE
TRANSPORTATION: A, B, C, D, 2,3 Subway to Columbus Circle
|Museum of Art and Design|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is an admission charge of $18 for general admission and $14 for seniors BUT the entrance fee is 50% off on Thursday. The AAM membership is honored by the museum
- Bring a stool
- Try to work in dry materials
- We will meet in the lobby at 10:30 and work for a few hours in the museum
- We will break for lunch at 1 PM and go to the Whole Foods in the Time Warner Building to eat and have a throw-down