Weekday Sketchers At the Met for CHROMA
Join us this week as we explore the Greek and Roman galleries through different eyes: those of a citizen of the ancient cities who would have seen these statures painted in full color.
The Met has recreated a number of pieces and present them in the colors they would have been painted. The pieces are scattered throughout the galleries and are rather startling to look at, whole, intact and colorful. Make sure to visit the interpretive gallery on the upper level where the process of how they determined the original color is explained in detail.
For more information on this exhibit, click here: https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2022/chroma
That Painted Greek Maiden at the Met: Just Whose Vision Is She? - The New York Times
Now Showing | Chroma: Ancient Sculpture in Color at The Met Fifth Avenue — Art of The Ancestors | Island Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Global Tribal Art News
And.. for those who might not have seen the magnificent Met Christmas Tree, it is still up for ogling and sketching.
DATE: THURSDAY JANUARY 5, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: THE METROPOLITAN MUSUEM OF ART
5TH Ave AND 82nd Street
Meet in the lobby at the LOWER entrance near 81st Street
TRANSPORTATION: 4,5,6 to 86th Street. Walk West to the museum.
- Please RSVP Directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us: Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is an entrance fee at the museum but there is a Pay-What-You-Wish policy for NY/NJ/CN residents. the AAM membership is accepted
- You can only work in graphite in the museum. Bring a stool for best view lines.
- We will meet in the lobby on the LOWER entrance at 81St Street
- We will break for lunch about 12:30 in the cafeteria on the lower level.