SATURDAY SUNDAY: August 15, 2021
NOTE: THE DATE HAS CHANGED
Oyster Bay is a charming 1800 fishing village located on the Long Island Sound on the North Shore of Long Island. With views of ships moored, estates out on a peninsula across the water as well as the main street of a "New England" village. There is something to draw from every vista.
The main street of Oyster Bay is conveniently located less than one block from the LIRR Station, and less than one block from the beautiful Oyster Bay Harbor of the Long Island Sound.
Where: Oyster Bay, New York. We will meet at the Gazebo located on Audrey Avenue. (see map below)
When: 10:00 AM, on Saturday, August 14th
Lunch: 12:30 Meet at the gazebo. Bringyourowni, or rely on the local stores and restaurants.
Afternoon: 1:30 - back to sketching.
Show and Tell: 3:00pm Meet back at the Gazebo.
Directions from Penn Station:
- There is a train leaving Penn Station at 8:34 AM it arrives in Oyster Bay at 9:59 AM
- Suzala will be at the gazebo at 9:45. Call if you’re late or lost.
- Return trains to Penn leaves at 4:14 PM and arrives back at Penn Station at 5:38 PM.
- You should probably purchase roundtrip tickets at Penn Station in the morning.
Coming from Long Island,
- grab your GPS!
- Anticipate full sun. Bring a hat. Sketching can be like sunbathing. Be prepared.
- Bring a stool if you own one. It gives you so many more options.
- See map below. (Hint: Shore Avenue, Audrey Ave and East Main street are all the SAME street.)
- The map makes everything look big. Suzala says - "Even I can walk the whole joint. Trust me, when I say small town I mean it."
If you can’t find us
call or text Mark at 973-809-9128
or Suzala (our native resident) at 516 238-0220
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.