Weekday Sketchers on Governors Island
Join us this week as we take a (very short) cruise to Governors Island. Wander the island's many habitats, recreation areas, art installations, ancient forts and Victorian homes. The possibilities for sketching are endless.
Getting There and Other Notes:
- You MUST make a reservation for the ferry before going. Seniors are free, "juniors" are $3 during the week. Click here to make a reservation: https://www.govisland.com/plan-your-visit/ferry.
- As a group we will take the 10:00 AM ferry HOWEVER, you may make a reservation at any time and join us on the island
- If you are going to take the 10:00 Ferry, we will meet at the terminal 15 minutes before the ferry leaves.
- Bring lunch or buy it from the many food trucks on the island
- There are bathrooms and water fountains on the island.
- Bring a stool
- PLEASE RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at email@example.com that you will be attending ESPECIALLY if you are going to be there for the 10:00 AM ferry
- Looking for us? Call Raylie at 201-273-0445
- We will meet for lunch at 1:00 PM on the lawn in Nolan Park. See the map below
DATE: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 25, 2021
STARTING TIME: 10:00 AM AT THE FERRY TERMINAL
LOCATION: GOVERNORS ISLAND
MEETING LOCATION: BATTERY MARINE FERRY TERMINAL
10 SOUTH STREET
TRANSPORTATON TO FERRY TERMINAL: 1 Train to South Ferry, R, W to South Ferry Whitehall St.