New Jersey Urban Sketchers at Montclair Iris Garden Thursday May 18, 2023
The Presby Memorial Iris Garden in Montclair is referred to as the "Rainbow on the Hill"....and that it is! With thousands of bearded irises in bloom, this is truly spectacular scene to capture in a sketchbook.
Join us for a day of sketching only available for a few weeks in the spring. Bring a stool and your brightest watercolors to get the best views and brightest colors onto your paper.
For more information about the gardens and driving directions, visit the web site: https://www.presbyirisgardens.org
Sketching Tip: the iris looks like a complicated flower but it is really easy to draw once you know that there are only 6 petals on every flower. Three are curved down and three are curved up. The little "beards" run along the midline of the downward curved petals. That's it! Add a green stem and some unopened buds and you've done it!
DATE: THURSDAY MAY 18, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: PRESBY MEMORIAL IRIS GARDN
474 UPPER MOUNTAIN ROAD, MONTCLAIR NJ
DIRECTIONS: Please visit the web site for directions by car and public transit: https://www.presbyirisgardens.org
NOTE: This location is very easy to get to by public transit via NJ Transit
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie Dunkel at 201-273-0445
- Bring a stool and lunch. There are no food services
- There are bathrooms on site
- There is no parking on site. You must park on the street along side the garden.
- Please visit the web site https://www.presbyirisgardens.org for and read the page on Garden Etiquette
- We will break for lunch at the tables at the top of the hill
- this is the start of the NJ group meeting twice a month.Watch for info on the 5/25 joint session with the Westchester Group in Nyack NY