Weekday Sketchers on Governor's Island
Come join us this week for a (very short) sea voyage across the channel to Governor's Island.
Get set for a day of sketching on what is becoming a veritable playground across Buttermilk Channel. Giant slides, The Hills, a hammock grove, water features, picnic areas, historic forts, Victorian houses and parade grounds and the list goes on. Don't like the views on the island? Then turn your view across the water to the Manhattan Skyline or the Statue of Liberty. There is no end to sketching potential in this unique place.
The weather forecast is for nice weather so let's take advantage of it while we can still be outside and sketch. Please visit the Governor's Island site for information about the park and facilities. https://www.govisland.com
You will also have to purchase tickets for the ferry in advance. It is free for seiners over 65. Click here for ferry information. https://www.govisland.com/plan-your-visit/ferry
DATE: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 12, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: We will meet at the Governor's Island Ferry Terminal at the Battery for the 10:30 Ferry
TRANSPORTATION: 1 to South Ferry N,R,W to Whitehall Street or 4,5 to Bowling Green Walk to the Ferry Terminal from the Subway
|Meet at Ferry Terminal|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call/Text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- You must purchase ferry tickets in advance. See link above. Ferry is free for Seniors over 65
- We will meet in time for the 10:30 Ferry. You can go earlier or come later. No problem. Just text Raylie when you arrive to find the group
- Bathrooms and water available on the island
- Food might be limited. Bring lunch or purchase it from a vendor or food truck.
- We will meet at Liggett Terrace for lunch at 1:00 PM
- Bring a stool and good walking shoes.
- Check the weather. A jacket might be needed as it could be windy on the island