Weekday Sketchers at Derfner Museum in Riverdale
Can you imagine a world class art collection and a beautiful sculpture garden with Hudson River views in a long term care facility? Had to conger up? Agreed, expect that it does exist.... and we are going there on Wednesday.
The Derfner Judaica Museum is located on the main campus of the Hebrew Home at Riverdale and is just that place: a world class museum with a sculpture garden on the Hudson River. The collection of Judaica is excellent and extremely well curated. The art collection is exhibited through the building and the sculpture garden is on a green lawn that stretches down to the river....perfect for sketching!
For more information about the museum and the collection, click here:https://derfner.org
DATE: WEDNESDAY MAY 24, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOACATION: DERFNER ART MUSEUM
5901 Palisade Avenue, Riverdale, New York 10471
- Public Transit: 1 train to 231 St, then take the BX 7 bus to Riverdale Ave 263 Street
- By Car: please check a maps program
- Please RSVP Directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@Gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- This is a residence, please be respectful of the people who live there
- Bathrooms and water are available. There is a cafe if you would like to purchase lunch.
- Bring a stool
- You can work in wet medium outside on the lawn. Dry media inside the museum
|Walking directions from bus stop|