Suggested and hosted by Suzala
Another great neighborhood around NYC that can be reached by public transportation. Oyster Bay is a delightful hamlet on the south shore of Long Island Sound. The town has tree lined streets and cute stores. The Sound is nearby with water views, boats and docks we can draw. Several sketchers live nearby so it’s a local neighborhood for them.
WHEN: We’ll meet around 11:30 AM - sketching until 3:15 PM on SUNDAY, September 3rd, 2023
WHERE: We will meet at the Gazebo, (a triangular park at Shore Ave and Audrey Ave)
- You first need to get to the Jamaica train station. You can leave from Grand Central or Penn Station. You will need to check departure times. Leave enough time to catch the ...
- Long Island Railroad, 10:12 AM train that goes from Jamaica to Oyster Bay. The LIRR arrives at Oyster Bay at 11:16 and it’s a short walk to the Gazebo
- The LIRR is $10.75 / or $7.25 for seniors
For the Return Trip
Trains leave for the return to the city at 3:38 or 5:38 PM
By Car: Try to park near the Gazebo which will be our base for the day.
LUNCH: 12:30 PM - Lunch by the Gazebo. Bring your lunch or purchase from the local vendors.
AFTERNOON: 1:00 PM Back to sketching
SHOW AND TELL: 2:30 PM Meet at the Gazebo. This is the social part of our day where we will share our sketches, tell stories, and probably talk about art supplies.
- Bring a stool - it gives you more options
- Be prepared for direct sun and dress accordingly
Can't find us?
Call or Text Mark - 973-809-9128
There are no fees or attendance taken. All drawing skill levels are welcome