Weekday Sketchers Celebrate the Season
Tis the Season! Let's Get Started!
The holiday season is magical in New York City. So much to do and see it's hard to know where to begin. The Weekend Sketchers have sketched the big tree at Rockefeller center this week, so now it's time to capture the rest of the city's celebration.
This week on December 7th, the Weekday Sketchers will visit the Museum of the City of New York to sketch the NYC specific gingerbread houses. Then we will travel to Bay Ridge Brooklyn on December 14th to sketch the Over-the-Top Christmas lights. We will finish December on the 20th at the Museum of Natural History to sketch the wonderful Origami Tree and see the special exhibits with 20 guest passes compliments of Muriel Applebaum.
Christmas week is up to you. Sketch your own decoration for whichever holiday you are celebrating. Sketch your meals, sketch your kids opening presents, sketch your loved ones sitting around your table!
But Wait! The season's not over.....first week in January the magnificent tree at the Met Museum is still up for us to sketch.
Watch for announcements for all of these activities on the Blog and Facebook. Also check the new calendar on the blog site for all th sketch information each month.
Let's get started. The Museum of the City of New York has put up a show created by fellow New Yorkers highlighting their efforts in Gingerbread! For more information and to watch a short video about these artists, click here: https://www.mcny.org/exhibition/gingerbread-nyc-great-borough-bake-0
DATE: THURSDAY DECEMBER 7, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: MUSEUM OF THE CITY OF New York
1220 FIFTH AVE AT 103RD STREET
TRANSPORTATION: 6 TRAIN TO 103 St. Walk 3 blocks west to Fifth Ave, 2 ir 3 train to 110th Street. Walk one block east to 5th Ave then south to the museum
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is an entrance fee of $20 for adults and $16 for Seniors HOWEVER, the AAM card is accepted You can also use many other NYC specific discount cards ( Library discounts, city passes, etc)
- You can use a stool
- Be prepared to work in dry materials
- Water, bathrooms and limited food service is available on site
- Please be aware that some of the dates for sketching over the next few weeks will be on Thursdays as well as Wednesdays. Please make sure to check each week's announcements.