Weekday Sketches at AMNH Wednesday
There are Christmas trees with ribbons. There are Christmas trees with lights. There are Christmas trees with sparkles and spangles but there is only one Christmas tree that is covered in ANIMALS!
That's the one at the American Museum of Natural History. Join us this week as we explore the amazing origami animals that march up and down and all around this fabulous tree! And, watch out for the elephants. In honor of the new exhibit Secret World of Elephants there will be many, many of them on the tree this year!
Speaking of the new Secret World of Elephant exhibit, we have a special gift for you.
Muriel Applebaum has arranged 20 tickets for us to enter the museum AND enter the Secret World of Elephants, the Butterfly Vivarium and the Blue Whale: Return of the Giants film, special exhibits free of charge. The tickets will be given on a first come, first serve basis. So if you want one you MUST RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at President@nycurbansketchers.org to reserve your ticket. (Do not hit respond to this email.)
Remember if you don't get one of the free passes, you can join the group, sketch the tree and enjoy all of the amazing exhibits that are part of the general admission to the museum. The museum has a "pay as you wish" policy and they accept many of the discount cards for free admission (NYC library cards, AAM membership, etc).
|Secret Wold of Elephants
DATE : WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
200 Central Park West at between 77 and 81st streets
TRANSPORTATION: B OR C TRAIN TO 81 ST/ AMNH STATION
|Blue Whales: Return of the Giants
- PLEASE RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at President@nycurbansketchers.org
- Looking for us? Call or Text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- We will meet in the lower lobby one floor below the main entrance. Come to the front of the museum and take the ramp that goes to the lower lobby. Do not go up the steps to the main lobby. If you have RSVP'd and are on the list for a free ticket you will be given one there. Others can pay their admission in the lower lobby.
- Water and bathrooms are available
- Bring your lunch or purchase it in the cafeteria
- Be prepared to work in dry materials
- Bring a head lamp if you have one, the exhibit halls are usually dark.
- Bring a stool
Upcoming Event: Save the date!
The Weekday Group will have an extra event this month.
On Thursday December 28, we have been in voted to the Philippine Consulate to sketch the special holiday decorations unique to the Philippines called Parols. Watch for the announcement next week.