Weekday Sketchers at Philippine Consulate
Anything good is worth repeating!
And so it is with the return visit to the Philippine Consulate.
A Great Big Thank You to Adrian Cruz, Deputy Consul General, for making it possible for the NYC Urban Sketchers to visit the Philippine Consulate, not once but twice, to sketch the wonderful holiday decorations. For those who missed the event last Saturday, this is your change to enjoy the experience. For those who went last Saturday, we hope you join us again.
The focus of the day will be the unique Philippine Christmas decorations called Parols: colorful lanterns and mobile like structures with lights and tassels. One of the joys of living in New York City is the ability to enjoy cultures and traditions from so many different countries as we go from neighborhood to neighborhood. Being invited to see this Philippine tradition is a wonderful example of this diverse universe we call home.
DATE: THURSDAY DECEMBER 28, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: PHILIPPINE COUNSULATE
556 FIFTH AVENUE between 45 and 46th streets
TRANSPORTATION: Any subway that goes into Grand Central Terminal
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at President@NYCurbansketchers.org
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- The Consulate is providing coffee, tea and water
- You can work in watercolor
- Chairs are available but you can bring a stool if you prefer
- We can't eat in the building so we will have our Show and Tell then break for lunch
- For more information about the Consulate and to see the wealth of artists listed on the site, click here: https://philippinecenterny.com/artists/
- Still want more sketch time? Head over to Bryant Park to sketch the skaters and Christmas Market