Join the Westchester Sketchers to explore and draw this elegant museum in Greenwich Connecticut, in particular the Lois Dodd: The Natural Order exhibition. As excerpted from the website, "For nearly 8 decades Lois Dodd (American, b. 1927) has produced a compelling body of work grounded in direct observation of her surroundings. Dodd continually draws inspiration from everyday life. Her subjects include verdant landscapes, detailed closeups of flowers, nocturnal skies, dense woods, windows, clotheslines, weatherworn clapboard barns and urban landscapes entirely devoid of people. Her direct, yet unassuming pictures reflect an acutely observational approach to painting often oscillating between representation and abstraction."
Want to explore further? The Bruce has a diverse collection in fine and decorative art and natural history that includes the ecology of the Long Island Sound and seeks to complement its mission and interest in the intersection of art and science.
LOCATION: "The Bruce" 1 Museum Drive, Greenwich, CT 06830
Phone: 203-869-0376 Website: https://brucemuseum.org/
- Admission: Free for members, $20 for adults, $15 for seniors.
- AAM (American Alliance of Museums) cards are accepted.
- Reciprocal general admission is free through the FWMA (Fairfield/Westchester Museum Alliance) and other partners. If you are a member of the Hudson River Museum, your HRM membership card can be used for admission.
- Many Westchester and Connecticut Libraries offer Museum passes to The Bruce. Check your local library to see if it has one that you can reserve.
- DRY MEDIA ONLY must be used inside the Museum.
TIME: 10:30 AM
From NYC: The museum is located .25 mile east from the MTA Greenwich Station. Exit the station toward the east and turn right onto Steamboat Road. Walk through the I-95 underpass and climb steps on the left to the Cohen Education Entrance. Walk past the Cohen Education Entrance and down Education Drive. Follow the sidewalk to the Visitor Entrance.
- Bring your own snack/lunch and water, or purchase from the new café.
- Stools will be available, or you can bring your own.
Looking for us? Call Cathy (914-625-0766) or Marianne Milzoff (914-355-6507)
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.