MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
Joint event hosted by Cathy Gutterman and Marianne Milzoff
Founded in 1929, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) was the first museum devoted to the modern era. The museum's rich collection offers a panoramic view of modern and contemporary art from innovative European paintings and sculptures of the 1880s to today's film, design and performance art.
Collection highlights include Claude Monet's Waterlilies, Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night and Pablo Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon. Currently on Exhibition is Georgia O'Keefe: To See Take Time. Best known for her flower paintings, O’Keeffe (1887-1986) also made extraordinary series of works in charcoal, pencil, watercolor, and pastel. Reuniting works on paper that are often seen individually, along with key paintings, this exhibition offers a rare glimpse of the artist’s working methods and invites us to take time to look. To find out more about MoMA and the current exhibitions, click here: https://www.moma.org.
DATE: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Where: Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53 Street, Manhattan, NYC
When: Meet at 10:30 AM in the lobby.
Transportation: #6 local to 51 Street. E or M train to 5th Ave./53rd St.
- Bring your lunch or grab a bite at the museum's Cafe 2, located on the second floor of the museum.
- Cost; $25 non senior, $18, for Seniors. 2 people may enter on one AAM (American Alliance of Museum) card.
- Check your local library for free passes.
- Be prepared to use dry media if necessary.
- Weather permitting, we can sketch in the famous MoMA Sculpture Garden.
Looking for us? Call/text: Cathy at (914) 625-0766 or Marianne at (914) 355-6507
There are no fees. All drawing skill levels are welcome.