Weekday Sketchers at Brooklyn Navy Yard
It's an amazing reinvention of an historic landmark. It's a remarkable museum, It's a industrial wonder. It's a great indoor/outdoor food court. It's a reclaimed meadow in the middle of Brooklyn.
What is it? It''s the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
|Brooklyn Navy Yard Bldg 92|
Join us this wee to explore this fascinating space that once housed the infamous British prison ships where American troops were starved to death and later the shipbuilding yards that built the fleet for WWI and WWII. Now reinvented as an industrial and historical hub, we can capture this urban landmark in our sketch books. Then after lunch, we will walk to a place in the middle of the industrial hub to take in the beauty and silence of a natural wild meadow.
|Building 77 Interior|
For information about the Brooklyn Navy Yard, click here: https://brooklynnavyyard.org
DATE: WEDNESDAY MAY 3, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:00 AM
LOCATION: BROOKLYN NAVY YARD
141 FLUSHING AVE, BROOKLYN
TRANSPORTATION: SEE NOTES BELOW
|Naval Cemetery Landscape|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Transportation: The easiest way to get to the Brooklyn Navy Yard is buy the Astoria line of the NYC Ferry. For those who would like to take the ferry from Pier 11 Wall Street we will take the 9:32 AM Ferry.
- For information about subway and bus transportation, click here https://brooklynnavyyard.org/visit/directions-map
- The morning will be spent sketching anywhere in the Yard: Building 92 (the museum) Building 77 (the food court and industrial site) or anywhere outdoors.
- We will meet for lunch at Building 77 (bring your own or purchase something there)
- After lunch we will walk to the Naval Cemetery Landscape for additional sketching