Weekday Sketchers in Victorian Brooklyn
Just south of Prospect Park, there is a neighborhood that harkens back to England, with street names like Argyle, Beverly, Westminster and Rugby Roads. The neighborhood was developed during the Victorian building boom and then added to over the early part of the 20th century with large estate type house in fanciful styles. This is our playground on Wednesday.
Thanks to member Amanda Kavanaugh, for opening her beautiful home to us for the day. We will gather there and then start of our sketching. The neighborhood goes all out for Halloween with lights, action figures and plenty of witches and ghosts.
In preparation for the day, here are some articles about the neighborhood.
DATE: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 25, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: VICTORIAL BROOKLYN
MEETING LOCATION: HOME of Amanda Kavanagh
155 Argyle Road, Brooklyn Between Beverly and Albemarle Roads
TRANASPORTATION: Q Train to Beverly Road
- We will meet at Amanda's house at 10:30 AM. We will then go around the neighborhood and sketch the scenes that are of interest. We will gather back at Amanda's house for lunch at 1:00 PM
- Bring your own lunch or purchase something along the way. Church Ave has a number of food outlets as does Cortelyou Road. Amanda recommends the deli counter at C-Town on Church and Argyle Roads for takeout sandwiches.
- PLEASE RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org that you will be coming. If you come later than the meeting time, text or call Raylie at 201-273-0445 for current locations.
- This is a residential neighborhood. Please be mindful of the property lines, foot and car traffic.
- Amanda has Kindly offered her home for use of bathrooms.
|Direction from Subway to Amanda's house.|