N J Sketchers at Liberty State Park June 30
What does New Jersey have that New York doesn't? ......Great views of the NY skyline!
Join us for a day of sketching at Liberty State Park in Jersey City. If you have never been there you are in for a treat. Great views of the NY skyline, up close and personal views of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, open spaces, green spaces, estuaries and bird sanctuaries are just a few of the sites to sketch. Then there are the NJ Central Railroad Terminal building, boat marinas, wildlife, salt marshes...and on and on. For more information about the park and its services, click here: https://nj.gov/dep/parksandforests/parks/libertystatepark.html
Fun fact question: Is the Statue of Liberty part of NY or NJ?
Answer: NJ....her address is 1 Communipaw Ave, Jersey City. Once there was an argument between the Mayors of NY and Jersey City. The NY mayor insisted that the Statue was part of NY, so to prove a point the Jersey City mayor had the electricity to the island shut off since she does reside in NJ!
DATE; THURSDAY JUNE 30, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: LIBERTY STATE PARK, JERSEY CITY
We will meet on the plaza between the RR Terminal and the Empty Sky memorial
NOTE: We will sketch at the north end of the park by the RR Terminal for a while for city skyline views and then go to the southern end of the park by the Liberation Statue for views of the estuaries and Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
By Car: Check a map program for driving directions
By Pubic Transit: Check the website for ferry information or take the PATH to Exchange Place Jersey City and then the Hudson Bergen Light Rail to Liberty State Park.
|NJ Central RR Terminal|
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com especially if using public transit from NYC to coordinate for pick up at Light Rail station.
- Looking for us? Call/text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Entrance to the park and parking are free. For the AM session drive to the end of Audrey Zapp Drive and park in the free parking lot near the Open Sky Memorial. Don't park in the pay parking area for the Statue of Liberty Ferry Cruises.
- Bring a stool, sun screen and a hat
- Bring lunch and water. There is no food service in the park
- Bathrooms are available
- We will sketch at the north end of the park by the RR Terminal for a while for city skyline views and then go to the southern end of the park by the Liberation Statue for views of the estuaries and Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island. If you are coming late please call to check our location.