Weekday Sketchers at WTC Graffiti Walls
Join us this week for a day filled with color and whimsy!
In an effort to make the temporary walls surrounding construction sites around the WTC Plaza more interesting, artists were invited to cover them with murals and graffiti. The result is a whole lot of fun to look at and a joy to draw!
Bring your most colorful paints, crayons and pencils. Bring a stool and a sun hat. Bring you imagination as you draw theses whimsical murals set against the skyscrapers of lower Manhattan. Be aware that some of the best site lines might be across the street from the WTC.
Optional afternoon drawing site will be Nevelson and Chase plazas to capture the large scale sculptures by world famous mid-century sculptors Louise Nevelson and Jean DuBuffete
DATE: WEDNESDAY JUNE 8, 2022
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
TRANSPORTATION: Any train to Word Trade Center
LOCATION: World Trade Center Plaza Along Church Street between the Oculus and the Oculus Beer Garden
|Meet along Church Street south of Vessey Between Oculus and Oculus Beer Garden|
|Meet in this area|
- Please RSVP Directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call/text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Bring a stool, a hat and sunscreen
- Be prepared to work from surrounding streets to get the best views.
- Bathrooms and food vendors available in the WTC and Brookfield Place
- We will break for lunch and then those interested will continue on to the second site
|Don Quixote by Louise Nevelson|
|Four Trees by Jean Dubuffet |