We’re heading for the old part of town to sketch the twisty Dutch streets. There is an amazing amount of street sketch-able stuff within a two block radius in any direction. So far, it looks like Saturday will be a perfect sketching day.
A partial list of potential sites:
- Delmonico's - 56 Beaver St, An old time NYC Restaurant and the inventor of several notable dishes, including Eggs Benedict and Baked Alaska.
- Fraunce’s Tavern - 54 Pearl St, - The tavern has more history than almost any other building in NYC since it’s been standing longer than most of them. It was a gathering place for patriots, politicians and others during the time of our nation’s birth.
- India House - 1 Hanover Square, the original home of the New York Cotton Exchange, it is now a private club and restaurant.
- Dutch Buildings on Williams Street, the last relics of the old Dutch style of architecture of New Amsterdam
- Cobblestone Streets - scenic streets - Stone Street
- The Elevated Acre - 55 Water Street It’s a secret garden in the middle of the Financial District. Tucked between two office buildings at 55 Water Street is a hard-to-find escalator which whisks you up to The Elevated Acre.