Weekday Sketchers at NY Historical Society
So mush to see, so little time!
Join us this week as we explore the New York Historical Society: founded in 1804 by some of the country's founding fathers to preserve the history of this city. Located just south of the American Museum of Natural History, this building houses 400 years of New York City history while presenting it in the most contemporary fashion. Come see the current exhibits ( I'll Have What She's Having: the Jewish Deli), or explore the artifacts collected over the years (Object That Tell Stories), or capture the color and fascination of the Tiffany glass. No matter what catches your eye there's plenty to see and lots to sketch.
For information about the NY Historical Society, click here: https://www.nyhistory.org
|Objects That Tell Stories|
DATE: WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2023
STARTING TIME: 11:00 AM (museum opens at 11:00)
We will meet in the main lobby off Central Park West
LOCATION: NEW YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Central Park West at 77nd Street
TRANSPORTATION: B OR C Train to 81st St/ American Museum of Natural History station.
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is an entrance fee: $22. for Adults, $17 for Seniors. The museum accepts the American Alliance of Museum Membership for free entrance as well as the NY Pass and other alliance membership
- The museum opens at 11:00 AM
- Food, water and bathrooms are available
- Bring a stool
- Be prepared to work in dry materials.