WE’RE OFF TO PHILLY
Sunday, June 4, 2023, to Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Come to Philadelphia with us and join in the fun!
Enjoy the camaraderie with your fellow NYC Urban Sketchers and discover all the historic and art sites just waiting to be sketched.
Tuesday, June 6 - Sketch at the Benjamin Franklin Museum in Independence National Historic Park. Try to capture the Betsy Ross House while you are there. OR Head over to the Franklin Institute for the Disney 100: The Exhibition.
Lodging - The Holiday Inn Express at Penn's Landing, 100 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard is holding rooms for us at a discounted rate until April 4. To register, call them at (215) 627-7900 and use the code NY ART GROUP to get the rate of $145 to $149 per night. Come for one day visit or overnight. It’s up to you.
Additional Information: There is so much to see and do in Philadelphia. Here are some other suggestions depending on your schedule:
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens on South Street, a fun gallery of mural art. Advance tickets are needed. South Street also features many cute stores and eateries.
- Bartram's Garden - beautiful Riverside gardens featuring a nursery and community farm.
- U Penn Boathouse on the Schuylkill River, about 1/4 mile away from the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Arts.
- Fairmount Water Works with its Greek Revival Architecture is also very close to the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Art.
- Geno’s Steaks, a real Philly Steak eatery, is sketchable too (need a car for this).
Interested? Contact Marianne Milzoff at email@example.com.