Weekday Sketchers at Federal Hall
Join us this week as we step back in history to the time of George Washington and Alexander Hamilton to sketch at Federal Hall on Wall Street. Stand where George Washington took the first oath of office for President, where the first Congress met, the Treasury was housed and the Supreme Court met. Inside or out, this location will offer us a trove of sketching opportunities. Exhibits include information about Washington, the Constitution and the bible Washington used to be sworn in as president.
Built as the first NY City Hall and later taken over by the federal government to serve as the first Capital, the Greek architecture is complete with a dome and colonnade. For some fun facts about the building, click here: https://untappedcities.com/2017/06/08/the-top-11-secrets-of-nycs-federal-hall/?displayall=true
DATE: WEDNESDAY MARCH 22, 2023
STARTING TIME: 10:30 AM
LOCATION: FEDERAL HALL
26 Wall Street
TRANSPORTATOIAN: 4,5 to Wall Street, J to Broad Street, 2, 3 to Wall Street /William Street
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- There is no entrance fee.
- Water and bathrooms are available.
- There is no food allowed in the building. There is no food service in the building
- We will meet for lunch outside the building