New Jersey Sketchers at the Museum of Early Trades and Crafts....Again!
|Museum of Early Trades and Crafts|
In January we visited this lovely museum to sketch the heavily decorated interior. At that time we said...let's come back and sketch the outside of the building as well. Now it is time to return and make it happen.
Join us for a day of sketching at the Museum of Early Trades and Crafts. The museum is in the James Library Building. Built in 1899, this is a fine example of Richardsonian Romanesque Revival architecture.
While our objective is to sketch the exterior of this Victorian confection, there is plenty to do on the inside should the weather call for a cooler or drying place.
For more information about the museum, click here: https://metc.org
Date: Thursday, July 13, 2023
Time: 10:30am Museum is open 10-4
Location: 9 Main Street (NJ Route 124 at Green Village Road) Madison, NJ
Admission: $5 Adults, $3 Seniors (only if you want to sketch inside)
The museum is two blocks west of the Madison train station on the New Jersey Transit Morris and Essex Line. NYC Sketchers can catch the train out of Penn Station in NYC. Check NJ Transit for ticketing information
Public parking lots are located behind the shops on both sides of Main Street. On-street parking is available on Kings Road and Green Village Road.
- Please RSVP directly to Margaret Casagrande at email@example.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Margaret at 646-515-9913
- Bathrooms and water are available on site
- Bring a stool for best sketching site lines
- Be prepared to work in dry materials if indoors. Outdoors...watercolor is fine.
- The galleries are small and a bit tight, please be aware of other guests
- No food is allowed in the gallery. We will meet and walk to a nearby cafe for lunch and a Show and Tell