Weekday Sketchers at Elizabeth Street Garden
Public gardens offer an oasis in a city that is calming and regenerative for anyone who steps into them. The Elizabeth Street Garden is one of those that has served the residents of Little Italy for many years. A recent court action has severely threatened its existence and it will likely be gone in short order.
Let's go and celebrate this unusual community garden filled with lions, sphinx, artifacts and flowers. Let's sit in the garden and experience the respite that a green space offers as you step off the hot city streets. Let's capture the shapes and colors in our sketchbooks before it is gone.
For more information about the garden and the efforts to save it, click here: https://www.elizabethstreetgarden.com
DATE: WEDNESDAY August 2, 2023
STARTING TIME: 11:00 AM (That's when the garden opens)
LOCATION: Elizabeth Street Garden
Elizabeth Street between Spring and Prince Streets
TRANSPORTATION: 6 Train to Spring Street. Walk East for three block and turn left onto Elizabeth Street.
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for the group? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- Seating is available but bring a stool for best sketching angles
- Bring a hat, bug spray, sun screen and water. Lunch and show and show and tell will be at 1:00 PM
- There are no services in the park. Bathrooms are available in nearby restaurants. (you might have to buy a coffee). There is no water or food service. Bring what you need with you.