CHANGE OF DATE DUE TO WEATHER!
Due to Wednesday's forecast of thunderstorms all morning the date for the Weekday Sketchers is now THURSDAY September 14, 2023. All of the information below is the same except the date.
Looking forward to seeing you all on THURSDAY at 10:30 AM
Weekday Sketchers at Dyckman House Wednesday
It is hard to believe but there is an original farmhouse still standing in Manhattan! But there is! Still in its original location, standing there for centuries as the city grew up around it.
Built in 1784, this building sits on a rocky bluff above Broadway at W 204th Street. Owned by one family for 100 years, it was turned into a museum in 1916 with 1/2 an acre of gardens surrounding the stone and wooden structure. Join us on Wednesday as we take a trip back in time to the earliest days of colonial NYC. For more information about the house and the museum, click here: https://dyckmanfarmhouse.org
DATE: THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 14, 2023
STARTING TIME 10:30 AM
LOCATION: 4881 BROADWAY AT 204TH ST
TRANSPORTATION: A TRAIN TO 207 ST. OR 1 TRAIN TO 207 STREET
See map below. There are no cross streets between 207 and 204
- Please RSVP directly to Raylie Dunkel at Rayliedunkel1@gmail.com
- Looking for us? Call or text Raylie at 201-273-0445
- The garden is open to the public. Bathrooms and water are available
- The museum opens at noon. There is a fee of $3. to enter the museum
- Bring a stool
- There is no food service on the premises but there are many food outlets along Broadway
Please note that the announced sketch and food crawl to Brighton Beach will be rescheduled for October. Please watch for the announcement.